Once or twice a month during the school year, I offer an art project for the In-Service afternoons. The children have many activities to choose from during the 12:30 to 3pm afternoon.   this month I decided on a  Wind Sock Project.  I bought a twin sheet at Bud Bay Senior Store for a dollar and the seam binding I used was from my sewing materials.  Started around 9ish this morning but then did a few other chores – took about 1.5 to tops 2 hours to make 13. the 14th ripped the wrong way as I was tearing the tails.

one inch trim sewn on long edge of twin sheet

used 1″ double seam tape at top to incase the edge of the sheet [all at once] , then single seam tape across the middle which is the first quarter fold [again all at once]

Zig Zag stitching on the narrow blue seam tape

then I cut/ripped to size, sewed the seams,

clip & then rip

sipped & ripped the tails,

making the tails

then used single seam binder for the hanging loop.

finished windsocks

 

Only had 5 participants and several raced through the project. I brought them outside for “recess” early and let them run off their steam!

colorful coloring with markers…

Beautiful day and fun time with the children…

e

 

 

Advertisements