Today I used a lighter weight scrapbook paper… Can’t find any info as far as weight but yesterdays paper seemed like #65 card stock. The paper I used today was closer to normal computer printer paper.

The Mod Podge definitely works well and the beads come out with a gloss covering and don’t need to be resealed. There is also a “matte” Mod Podge that is not glossy. Think I was winding them a bit too tight today. The Mod Podge was sticking to the bamboo skewers. A couple beads are permanently stuck on the skewer and one bead I wrecked pulling it off so next time I’ll use a plastic coffee stirrer. I also may have to drill the hole bigger on a couple beads as I pulled them off to let them dry rather than let them dry on the skewer.

I like how the design of these lighter weight paper looks when rolled. Least I’m ironing out the bugs in case the class I offered on Paper Bead Making runs…

I rummaged through my various collections of rubber stamps and found some that might work for the etching. I may give them a go before ZZZZZZZZZ tonight… but I have a Mixed Media class running on Tues evenings for four weeks so I have to gather supplies/samples, etc….

Keep arting!

Advertisements